Monday, September 2, 2013

Doing it for ME!!

The journey to lose weight started after the birth of my 4th and final child last August. I was bound and determined to rid myself of the 82 pounds I had accumulated over each of the four pregnancies. Why didn't I lose all the baby weight between each pregnancy you ask? Well, it's simple really...I had 4 babies in 5 years and 9 months. YIKES!!  I know! Crazy lady! But, I wanted my kiddos close in age, which sounded good at the time. They ended up being about two years give or take a few months from birth to birth. The nice thing, I was done quick. The bad thing, I totally wreaked havoc on my body. After each baby was born I would get within 10 lbs of that magical number(which increased each time buy 10 lbs), multiply that by 4 and there's 40 pounds. Plus, I would tack on about 50-60 pounds with each pregnancy.

With that said and done. Here I am 7 years and 7 months from the beginning of the first pregnancy and 4 beautiful children later putting to print for all the world to see in its imperfection...my body now, today, September 2, 2013.


Last week I did a detox cleanse courtesy of  LeanMom.com. Which is the healthy eating and lifting program I decided to go with back in November.  (More on this program and Lacy later) Back to the detox. Well I felt so good after last week I want to do it again. I will admit, I didn't do very well on Saturday or Sunday. So, I want to do it again, to the T, all seven days.

I'm documenting it here for accountability purposes. So, here goes!
Day #1:
Left arm: 12"          Right arm: 12"
Left Leg: 23 1/2"      Right leg: 23"
Waist: 32"
Hips: 42 3/4"
Weight: 173.6 lbs. 

It hasn't been easy, I've totally fallen off the proverbial wagon more times then I care to count. But, one thing stays the same, I keep going! I keep re-committing and I will continue to do so until I am where I want to be. Where I feel sexy and strong and powerful!

I can already tell a huge difference in the way I feel, the way I wear my clothes. I am proud of the distance I have come on this journey to a healthier me and I use that as fuel to feed my drive. As of today I am down 34 pounds from August 1, 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment